SOFTWARE HOSTINGCloud hosting is a server and network infrastructure that uses software to divide a single physical server into multiple virtual servers and offers several benefits.
SaaS: Have real-time access to the software with SaaS-based cloud hosting.
No Maintenance Needed: Access your software via your web browser with no need to maintain any hardware, server or infrastructure.
Security: Benefit from a secure hosting replication, backups, 24/7 monitoring, SLAs, etc.
Data Access: Gain real-time data access at a lower cost and achieve higher business agility.
DATABASE HOSTINGDatabases hosted on Odoo.com enjoy the following services at all times:
- Uptime 99.9%
- Customer databases are hosted in the closes Odoo region (EMEA: France or Belgium, Americans: Canada or USA, APAC: Hong Kong or Taiwan or Singapore).
- Each customer database is replicated in real-time on redundant storage located in the same data center.
- We work with different hosting providers worldwide that always deliver at least 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- We can guarantee 99.9% uptime on a monthly basis (3 nines, excluding planned maintenance).
- This corresponds to a maximum unplanned downtime of 45 minutes per month.
- We usually deliver much better uptime than this (100% most months), as our providers always deliver a much better uptime than their SLA too.
HIGH AVAILABILITYOur systems rely on high availability thanks to the following factors:
- The data centers are Tier-III certified or equivalent, with N+1 redundancy for power, network and cooling.
- Each customer database is replicated in real-time on redundant storage located in the same data center, so a failover can happen quickly in case of hardware failure, with no data loss.
BACKUP & DISASTER RECOVERyThanks to Odoo's system backups and disaster recovery, make sure to never lose any valuable data thanks to some characteristics:
14 full backups for at least 3 months: 1/day for 7 days, 1/week for 4 weeks, 1/month for 3+ months.
Backups replicated on at least 3 different machines in different data centers in Europe and Canada.
Users can download manual backups of their live data at any time.
For a permanent disaster impacting one server only, our Disaster Recovery Plan has the following metrics: RPO (Recovery Point Objective) = 5 minutes, which means it can lose a maximum of 5 minutes of work. RTO (Recovery Time Objective) = 30 minutes, which means the service will be back online after a maximum of 30 minutes.
For data centers disasters (one entire data center is completely and permanently down). Disaster Recovery Plan has these metrics: RPO (Recovery Point Objective) = 24h, which means you can lose a maximum of 24 hours of work. RTO (Recovery Time Objective) = 24h, which means the service will be restored from the backup within 24 hours in a different data center.
The safety of your data is very important to us, and we design our systems and procedures to guarantee it. You can learn more about it on our Security page. Here are some highlights:
SSL: All web connections to client instances are protected with 256-bit SSL encryption (HTTPS with a 2048-bit modulus SSL certificate), and running behind Grade A SSL stacks. All certificate chains are using SHA-2 already.
Reliable Platform: Servers with full hardware guarantee, redundant data storage, network and electrical supplies.
Passwords: Customer passwords are protected with industry-standard PBKDF2+SHA512 encryption (salted + stretched for thousands of rounds).
Safe systems: Our servers are running recent Linux distribution with up-to-date security patches, with firewall and intrusion counter-measures.
Isolation: Client data stored in dedicated databases - no sharing of data between clients, no access possible from one database to another.